“The only thing that seperates us from the water is the surfboard your riding. There’s no reason why that shouldn't be made out of good sustainable products."
– Rob Machado
Waste to waves
How it works
1. Collect all of your EPS Waste
You probably got it when you bought a new TV, computer, or some furniture. Most cities don’t let you recycle this, and it just feels wrong to throw it into the trash can. A much higher use for this foam is to have it recycled and turned into new products, including surfboard blanks.
2. Find a local surf shop waste to waves partner
List of drop off locations HERE.
3. drop off your foam in the waste to waves collection box
- Clean, white, #6, EPS foam from packaging materials (such as what came with your new television)
We DO NOT ACCEPT:
- No food waste contaminated foam – it will contaminate the blank
- No foam “peanuts” – these aren’t EPS foam
- No broken surfboards – give them to Rerip.org instead